Who doesn’t like bananas – such a versatile fruit
Banana bread is one of those easy and delicious treats you just need from time to time. My version is completely without added sugar just full of the sweetness of bananas.
- 3 very ripe bananas (or more)
- 0.25 cup melted margarine
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1.5 cups flour
That’s all you need. Now all you got to do is mix the ingredients together and bake your bread.
- Blend the bananas until nice and smooth (if you don’t have anything to blend them just mash with a fork) and add the melted margarine, sprinkle of cinnamon, baking powder and vanilla soy milk (or any other plant-based milk). Keep in mind that the consistency depends on how many bananas you use, I like it with an intense banana texture but if you prefer it a little bit more fluffy and cake like use less bananas.
- Add the flour to this creamy mixture, I used wheat and spelt flour but any flour will suffice. If you like it sweeter you could add some sugar but I think the sweetness of bananas and the milk is enough.
- Pour the batter in a greased baking form and bake in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for around 50 minutes. I also put a little bit of agave nectar on top before baking it, but it works fine without it as well.
Well done, you made banana bread. As with every dish there are so many varieties of preparing it, if you liked this one enjoy and make it again soon, if it wasn’t your favourite don’t worry the internet is full of recipes. Just try them!
Nothing better than some banana bread!