A raspberry coconut dream – the perfect little treat
Cupcakes have been a trend foods but even after the initial hype they are still a great dessert choice and always look beautiful. This version combines the fresh fruity taste of raspberries with a delicious coconut white chocolate cream.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 cup oil
- 0.5 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cans coconut milk (chilled)
- 160g vegan white chocolate
- fresh raspberries (optional)
That’s all you need. Now all you got to do is mix the ingredients together, bake the cupcakes and add the coconut cream on top.
- Before you start the baking process you should prepare the frosting as it requires some time in the fridge. Take the two cans of coconut milk and scoop the solid parts out into a pot and bring to a boil. Now add the vegan white chocolate to it and stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Remove from the stove and place the smooth mixture into the fridge.
- Now you can start with the batter, add the flour, milk, sugar, baking powder, oil and the shredded coconut together in a bowl and whisk it until you have a creamy smooth batter. If you would like you can add some raspberry pieces into the mix, fresh or frozen.
- Line a cupcake tin with paper liners (around 12-15 depending on the size), and pour the batter into the moulds, fill it around 3/4 with the cupcake batter.
- Now bake the cupcakes for 15-20 minutes at 175 degrees celsius, as always check to make sure they are done as every oven is different.
- Take your coconut milk mixture out of the fridge and make sure it cooled down and hardened a bit. Take an electric handmixer and whip it like you would with whipped cream. Once you reached a nice consistency you can either leave it in the fridge or fill it into a piping bag to decorate the cupcakes later.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool down, once they cooled down you can finish by adding the frosting. Either you use a spoon or the piping bag to decorate the cupcakes.
Well done, you made cupcakes. Now it is up to you how to decorate the little treats, you can add some sprinkles on the frosting or fresh raspberries or whatever else you would like.
Delicious beautiful cupcakes for every occasion!