Peanut butter and chocolate, what else do you want?
You don’t even need an oven for these little treats. Just some chocolate, peanut butter, paper muffin cases and a freezer, can’t get easier than that.
- 400g dark chocolate
- Peanut butter
- Jam (not necessary)
That’s all you need. Now all you got to do is layer and freeze the ingredients.
- Melt the chocolate, I often use dark baking chocolate as it is way cheaper than normal dark chocolate, if you do the same just look at the ingredients as some contain milk.
- Pour some of the melted chocolate in your muffin cases, just a thin layer at the bottom. You could also use plastic container or something else if you don’t have paper muffin cases, but it is just really convenient with the store bought cases.
- Put the muffin cases with the chocolate in the freezer for around 15 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens.
- Now add a spoon full of peanut butter on top of the chocolate layer, if you feel like some peanut butter and jelly, add some jam on the peanut butter.
- Pour the leftover chocolate on top of it, keep in mind that it is up to you how much chocolate you are using. Now put everything back in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Take the frozen chocolate treats out of the freezer and remove the muffin cases (or leave them on) and serve them.
Well done, you made super delicious peanut butter cups. Keep them in the fridge to avoid melting.