Nothing better than a homemade cake on a nice summer day
This is such an easy recipe to make a delicious plum crumble. It is perfect for summer as it isn’t too sweet and has a nice fresh taste from the plums. Perfect for plum season, but you could also use peaches, apricots or other fruits if you don’t have plums in your area.
- 150g margarine (melted)
- 150g sugar
- 3 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 400g flour
- 30ml water
- 800g plums
That’s all you need. Now all you got to do is mix the ingredients together and add the plums and crumbles on top and bake it.
- Mix the sugar, melted margarine, vanilla sugar, water and flour together. It is easiest to use your hands to get a nice crumbly batter.
- Grease your baking pan and add a bit more than half of the batter and cover the bottom and the sides with a thin layer.
- Now add the sliced plums (either halves or quarters) and cover everything.
- For the final step before baking it, just add the crumbles on top, make sure the plums are loosely covered with the crumbles.
- All you have to do now is bake it in the oven for around 1 hour at 170 degrees celsius, once again make sure to check that your cake doesn’t burn.
Once you take it out of the oven you made it, delicious plum crumble to enjoy on a hot summer day or any other day of the year, if you feel like adding more sweetness you can sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
Fresh cake is the best!