Delicious and easy spinach quiche for everyone
Quiche is another traditional dish that usually requires a lot of eggs and cheese but it is just as delicious without the animal products and only full of plant-power.
- 300g wholemeal spelt flour (or any other flour)
- 125g melted margarine
- 50ml water
- 400g spinach (frozen)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- cherry tomatoes
That’s all you need. Now all you got to do is mix the ingredients together and bake it.
- Melt the margarine and mix together with the flour, a pinch of salt and the water until everything is nicely combined. It’s easiest to use your hands to knead the dough, if necessary add some more water until you reach the perfect consistency, it should be a nice ball at the end.
- Now press the dough in your quiche form (or any other baking pan) with your hands.
- The spinach should me mixed with the flaxseed as well as some salt, pepper and nutmeg, if you’d like add some soy or oat cream to the filling. Make sure the filling is not too runny but more like a cream. I like to use frozen spinach as it is already nicely chopped and I just have to defrost it or quickly heat it up on the stove.
- Add the spinach filling to your quiche dough and cover everything nicely, now add the cherry tomato halves to mark the quiche pieces. If you have some vegan cheese or nutritional yeast you can sprinkle some on top before baking it in the oven for around 35 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
Well done, you made a spinach quiche. Let it cool down a little bit and then cut it into pieces and serve it, the quiche is also nice the next day.
Easy savoury dish to eat at home or take with you for lunch!