One of my all time favourite savoury and filling dishes
This vegetable stew does take some time until it is ready, but it’s easy to make and depending on the ingredients not expensive at all.
- Potatoes (or Sweet Potatoes)
- Bell pepper
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
That’s all you need. Now all you got to do is mix the ingredients together and boil them for some time.
- Start by steaming the onions, I like to just use water but if you’d prefer oil you can use that as well.
- Add the diced potatoes, I cut the potatoes in quarters (use as many as you like, depending on your pot size), but it depends on the size of the potatoes and your preference. Fry the potatoes with the onions and add some salt.
- Now add more water to cover the potatoes and boil them for around 10 minutes before you add the other vegetables. I chose carrots and bell peppers, but you can add whatever you have in the kitchen at the moment.
- Once you’ve added all the vegetables season it with spices of your choosing. I used salt, pepper, paprika and some dried herbs. You could also use a vegetable stock instead of all the spices.
- Let it simmer for roughly 50 minutes, until the potatoes and the other vegetables are soft and it thickened and is less like a soup.
- Before you remove it from the stove add tomato paste, I added four tablespoons, you could also add some soy or oat cream if you’d like.
Well done, you made a hearty vegetable stew. Serve it with some rice or just eat it as it is. It definitely tastes even better the next day when you heat it up again.
Perfect for some cold winter days!